Automatically create and embed audio versions of Ghost posts.
- 1.Log into your Ghost admin dashboard
- 2.From the left-hand menu, select 'Integrations'
- 3.Select 'Add custom integration'
- 4.Enter the name 'BeyondWords' then select 'Create'
- 5.Keep the admin API key and API URL on hand for later
- 3.Go to the 'Content' section then select 'Ghost' under 'Connect your CMS' (already created audio? You will need to navigate to 'Settings (Integration)' instead)
- 4.Copy and paste the admin API key and API URL from Ghost into the corresponding fields, then select 'Test' — you should get a 'Success' message
- 5.Copy the audio player script for use in the next stage
- 6.Select 'Save changes'
- 1.Go to 'Settings' in your Ghost admin
- 2.Select 'Code injection'
- 3.Paste the audio player script into a new line in 'Site Footer' then select 'Save'
If you are sending email newsletters via Ghost, please note that audio player will not render in the email version. This is because email clients automatically disable these elements for security.
If subscribers are not aware of audio functionality upfront, they may be less likely to click through — especially when they are on the go. It's therefore a good idea to advertise audio functionality in your emails using one of these methods:
- 1.Embed audio directly: Rather than using the audio player script, you can download your audio and manually upload it to your Ghost post (using the 'Audio' block in the editor). The audio will render in an audio player, which is previewed in the audio version.
- 2.Add email-only content: When you are personalising your email newsletter using the 'Email content' block, this is a good opportunity to mention audio functionality. Make sure your subscribers know they can read or listen to your post.