Learn about the Medium Player UI.
The Medium Player is a customizable audio player UI that's great for grabbing listeners' attention.
You can use this UI when embedding your audio manually. WordPress developers can use the beyondwords_js_player_params filter to embed the Medium Player automatically.
The Medium Player supports dark mode and features:
- Customizable background color (this can be transparent)
- Project title — this can be edited in the 'Settings' section of your project (text color is customizable)
- Audio title — this can be edited anytime (text color is customizable)
- Featured image (optional)
- Play/pause button — the icon color is customizable
- Playback progress bar with position and duration times
- Playback speed — the default is 1x, but the listener can change to 0.5x, 1.25x, 1.5x, or 2x
- Hyperlinked BeyondWords credit (on hover only)
Player settings can affect multiple player types (Small, Medium, and/or Large). They also apply to all audios on a project. If you wish to publish certain audios under different settings, you will need to create another project.
- 1.Go to the 'Distribution (Player)' section of your project dashboard
- 2.Scroll down to 'Player settings'
- 3.Customize light mode colors (optional) — enter a hex color code into the field or click the color to choose a default option
- 1.Player icon color: The color of the play button — make sure this contrasts against the background color
- 2.Text color: The color of the audio title text — make sure this contrasts against the background color
- 3.Background color: The color of the player's background — this can be TRANSPARENT
- 4.Customize dark mode colors (optional) — use the toggle to switch to dark mode settings and customize as above
- 5.Upload an image (optional)
- 6.Select 'Save changes'
We use caching to make audio players load faster. This means that it may take up to 15 minutes for your changes to be reflected.
If your changes are still not visible after this time, you may need to clear your browser's cache and reload the page.