Check or increase your character limit
Check how many characters you have left to use or increase your limit.
Every BeyondWords plan comes with a character limit. This is the maximum number of characters that you can convert into audio each month, across all of the projects on your account. You can check or increase your character limit anytime.
The default character limits are:
- Free: 30,000 characters/month (approximately 6,000 words or 37.5 minutes of audio*)
- Creator: 500,000 characters/month (approximately 100,000 words or 10.4 hours of audio*)
- Pro: 4,000,000 characters/month (approximately 800,000 words or 83.3 hours of audio*)
- Enterprise: Custom character limit
There is a character counter in the bottom-left corner of your project dashboard(s). This shows you:
- How many characters you have left
- Your monthly character limit
- The number of days until your character limit renews
- The date that your character limit renews
You can increase your character limit by upgrading your plan. This will also give you immediate access to an increased project limit and other features — visit the 'Settings (Plan)' page in your dashboard to learn more.
Creator and Pro users also have the option to increase their character limit by adding one or more character boosters. Each character booster costs $50/month or $540/year (excluding taxes) and increases your character limit by 1,000,000 characters/month:
- 2.Select 'Add characters' in the bottom-left corner
- 3.Select 'Add character boosters'
- 4.Select or enter a payment method
- 5.Select 'Pay now'
Character boosters come into effect immediately, so you can start using your extra characters straight away. To make things easier for you, we will sync your character booster's billing period to your plan's billing period. And don't worry: if you add a character booster partway through your billing period, we will reduce your first bill accordingly.
* Based on an average of 5 characters per word and a speaking speed of 160 words per minute. Average characters per word varies according to language and content. Speaking speed varies by voice.