Check your character limit
Check how many characters you have left to use or increase your limit.
Every BeyondWords plan comes with a character limit. This is the maximum number of characters that you can convert into audio each month, across all of the projects on your account. You can check or increase your character limit anytime.
Characters (including letters, symbols, and spaces) count towards your limit when they are processed into audio. When editing audio, only additional paragraphs or paragraphs with changed voices will count towards your character limit during reprocessing. This means you can make minor text edits for "free".
The default character limits are:
- Pilot: 10,000 characters only (approximately 2,000 words or 12.5 minutes of audio*). This limit does not renew.
- Pro: 1,000,000 characters per month (approximately 200,000 words or 20.8 hours of audio*).
- Enterprise: Your monthly character limit will be customized to your needs.
There is a character counter in the bottom-left corner of your project dashboard(s). This shows you:
- How many characters you have left
- Your monthly character limit
- The number of days until your character limit renews
- The date that your character limit renews
If you are on the Pilot plan, you can increase your character limit by upgrading your plan. Visit the 'Settings (Plan)' page to get started.
If you are on the Pro plan, please contact [email protected] to request a quote for more characters. We can arrange a call if you would like to discuss your needs in more detail.
If you are on the Enterprise plan, please speak to your account manager about increasing your character limit.
You can use our character estimator as a rough guide. These character estimates are based on 10,000 characters for a news article, 5,000 characters for a newsletter, and 25,000 characters for a white paper. These are multiplied by the average number of days (30.437) or weeks (4.345) in a month. On average, there are around 5 characters per word in English.
For a more accurate estimate, you may wish to run a representative sample of text through a character counter and make the calculations yourself. While you can upgrade your plan or add a character booster anytime, it’s a good idea to overestimate rather than underestimate your character requirements.
Estimated character requirement = average number of characters per audio x average number of audios per month
You can see the date that your character limit renews, and how many days away that is, via the character counter in the bottom-left corner of your project dashboard(s).
Your character limit renews each calendar month according to the time that your plan was created. For example, if you signed up at 13:43 UTC on 12 June, your character limit would renew at 13:43 UTC on 12 July, 13:43 UTC on 12 August, and so on. This applies even if you chose an annual subscription.
When it comes to editing your audio/text, only changing voices or adding paragraphs will affect your character limit.
If there are not enough characters available to process an audio, the audio will be skipped. This means that you will not be able to listen to or distribute the audio.
When enough characters become available (through renewal or upgrade), you can reprocess any skipped audios. They will not reprocess automatically.
- 1.Go to the 'Content (Audios)' section of your project dashboard
- 2.Hover on the skipped audio asset that you would like to process the audio for
- 3.Select '⋮' then 'Reprocess audio' — if enough characters are available, the audio should be processed within a few minutes
* Based on an average of 5 characters per word and a speaking speed of 160 words per minute. Average characters per word varies according to language and content. Speaking speed varies by voice.